|Go to Project Management Minimalist Videos at Vimeo|
[Note: All of the videos listed here and more -- 12 in all -- are available on a single DVD: The Project Management Minimalist Video Series -- So you can order them and use anywhere with your project teams!]
This series is suitable for...
- Absolute PM newbies
- Buyers of (or people thinking about buying) The Project Management Minimalist: Just Enough PM to Rock Your Projects!
- Project managers & team leaders who want a PM refresher, with a focus on the essences
- Supervisors & trainers of project managers who are looking for a simple, straightforward PM approach
Below is a summary of each video in the series. A couple of suggestions...
- I recommend you view them in sequence, beginning with Video 1.
- I also recommend you download & print the PDF reference tool: 10 Steps to Project Success.
[optional] Overview: The Project Management Minimalist, 2nd edition [Running time, 7:38]
- An overview of the book, how it's organized, etc.
- What if you could manage a project using a one-page checklist? This video shows you how.
- (Learn more/download the PDF Quick Start Guide here. )
- Overview of PM
- The PM Minimalist Approach
- Overview of Series
- 1. Define the project concept, then get support & approval.
- 2. Get your team together and start the project.
- 3. Figure out exactly what the finished work products will be.
- 4. Figure out what you need to do to complete the work products. (Identify tasks & phases.)
- 5. Estimate time, effort, and resources.
- 6. Build the schedule.
- 7. Estimate the costs.
- 8. Keep the project moving.
- 9. Handle scope changes.
- 10. Close out phases, close out the project.
- Trust your judgment.
- Let go of perfectionism.
- Celebrate the chaos within.
- [Note... this is the first of 3 videos supporting "10 Strategies for More Inspired Project Teams" The others are available on The Project Management Minimalist Video Series DVD]
[Noteworthy video...] A PM Minimalist’s Perspective on Agile, Scrum, & Waterfall [5 min.]